Saturday, June 13, 2009
Fairhaven Orphanage
Today we visited the Fairhaven Orphanage and did some mission work. We had a very blessed day and got a lot accomplished. Fairhaven originally got started because one man was faithful with $1.47. He used the little that he had to start this orphanage. We sorted clothes for them(they send these to Romania- the cost is over $10,000 for one shipment!), we painted the swing set and monkey bars for the kids, cleaned houses, and worked on the barn...etc. They were so blessed and it was a blessing for us to just be there and be able to help them out. I hope that we can go back and continue to support them and what God is doing. I didn't get a chance to take any pictures. We had so many volunteers from the church. I was also very blessed by that. We had a great day and I hope and pray that God will continue to bless those people much much more! :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
How have you posted this entry on June 13th when it's June 6th?
ReplyDeleteCarly=magic.
I miss you girl.
Hey Hannah!
ReplyDeleteSo good to hear from you! Still giving me a hard time I see lol! You sure you didn't mean July 6th. That's when you posted your comment lol. How have you been? I miss you!